0:00 / 2:10
Kari Staten - Actor/Screenwriter/Producer
Connect with Kari
At a young age, Kari wanted to become an actor, but she wasn't encouraged so she never pursued it. Her husband Darren (Worldwide Talent) encouraged her for years to commit to acting. At the age of 48, she finally decided to pursue the profession.
AFTER WORKING WITH WORLDWIDE TALENT MANAGEMENT
Kari has booked a credit on a network TV Show (Untold Stories of The ER) two PSA commercials and Lead and Supporting roles in over 16 short films. One of the short films she appeared in (La Mariposa) won "Best Student Film" for the prestigious LEO Awards in Vancouver, BC Canada. A year later she booked a Supporting Role in a student short film called The Bus Stop, that was also nominated for "Best Student Film at the LEO Awards. Kari also booked the Lead Role in the short film (Motherboard) that won "Best Comedy Scene" at the Action On Film Festival in Las Vegas.
Darren (Worldwide Talent) also provided Kari with consultation to choose reputable acting coaches/classes, secure agency representation with one of the largest and most reputable agencies in Vancouver (Lucas Talent), wrote her actor bio, created and updates her IMDB PRO website, helped her join the UBCP/ACTRA union, provided her with tools to co-write a short film script (The Bicycle Diaries), and helped Kari to earn an Co-Producer credit for a short film called Glass Houses.
NEXT STEPS TOGETHER (Milestone Goals)
- Work closely together implementing marketing ideas to increase Kari's amount of a monthly auditions
- Secure funding to start production of her short film script The Bicycle Diaries
- Book an additional TV/Film credit to go from being an apprentice member to full member of the UBCP/ACTRA Actors Union
- Re-write the short film script The Bicycle Diaries into a TV pilot
- Continue training with Jeb Beach & Associates to increase her booking ratio